Tuesday, October 22, 2013

A Hunt, a Finger in a Door and an Easy Quiche

While my 3 year old was at daycare yesterday, my 1 year old and I went to town for a charity shop hunt.  Our aim was to find more crockery and cutlery, firstly so we have enough for our Annabel Langbein Free Range Foodie event on Saturday.  And secondly, so I don't run out when we have guests again.

I was lucky enough to find loads of stainless steel cutlery at one shop.  None of it really matches, but I don't mind - I'm going for a shabby-chic look, and matching doesn't matter.  I also found a big pile of dinner plates, a few breakfast bowls and some bread and butter plates.  Again, none match, I'm just going for white - and shabby-chic again.  My collection might be a little more on the shabby side but I don't mind.  At least all my guests will have something solid to eat off on Saturday.

After collecting Mr 3 from daycare in the afternoon, and fixing up a broody hen with eggs, it was time to fix dinner.  After a forage in the garden for greens I was planning for this recipe to be my post, but other things took priority.  I managed to get some before shots, then my youngest got his finger caught in the door, after shots were forgotten.  The savoury yeast adds a lovely depth, and nutritional value to the dish.  I add it to a lot of cheesy dishes, it goes really well.

 
Easy Quiche

2-3C Veges (mine were spinach and tomatoes)
1C Cheese, grated
6-8 Eggs
1  1/2C Milk
3/4 C Flour
Salt and Pepper

Optional
1t Savoury Yeast Flakes
2T Pickle, Relish, Salsa



This fills a medium sizes lasagna dish nicely.  Turn oven on to 180C.  Lightly grease your dish.  Chop veges and put into dish with grated cheese.  Beat eggs, milk, flour, salt and pepper (and optional extras).  Pour over veges, poke down any veges trying to float out of the eggy mix.  Bake for 40 minutes till just set in the center.  Let it cool for 10 minutes or so before dishing up.  We had it with boiled potatoes.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment - I love to hear from my readers