Sunday, May 18, 2014

I think I'm turning into a country girl

I think it's safe to say I'm turning into a country girl.
 
The reason I say this is because we made a trip up to Auckland to buy some fabric over the weekend.  It's been nearly 7 months since I went to a mall or shopping center - I'm not in a hurry to do it again.  Everyone rushing, no one smiling, full car parks, long queues, heck, even traffic lights!  A trip that I thought I would enjoy, browsing fabric and patterns to keep my boys toasty over winter, was stressful and overwhelming, next time, I'll look online first.

The rest of our weekend was really good, all I needed was a bit of a sit-down and a cup of tea to settle my nerves after our visit to town, and I was back to chilling with my boys and Pappa Bear.

Making clothes for my kids is something I think I'll try and do more of.  For $21 I made a jumper and 2 pairs of pants.  The fleece is good quality, same as the thread I used plus I made the jumper extra long in the back (just like Mr 3).  And the look on his face when I presented him with it, priceless.

A very cuffed little boy in the new snugly track suit Mumma made him
We had Sourdough pancakes one morning and Mr 3 was a very happy helper, he didn't even object when Mr 1 started pinching our creations.  I got to do a couple of hours sewing and make up a polar fleece track suit to keep Mr 3 snug as a bug as winter sets in (he's grown out of most things - he's quite tall for his age and right now he's growing too).  Mumma didn't have to cook any meals with left over pulled pork and then Pappa Bear making a bacon paella.  My babies and I went for a walk in the crisp evening air and visited Mr Pig, who lives on our street.   Then after tired babies were in bed on Sunday Pappa Bear and I whiled away the evening playing a zombie survival game - Perfect.

My happy helper

Plus a pancake tester


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment - I love to hear from my readers